top of page
The theme of this series was painting the lightness.
• Purpose: to paint something to see at the end of the tunnel as hopeful, lively and promising. Something that I wished for when I was at a bad place.
• I associate colour yellow with the sun and its nurturing and healing energy. Also with its rhythmic movement of rise and set.
• Painting the light in yellow led me to think about the necessity of darkness to see the lightness.
• This series is the root work of the ‘light from within’, ‘circles in colours’ and ‘golden circles’ series.
• This led me to colour gold that has a quality to reflect the light back from its own surface with the quality of darkness and lightness all included in one interaction.
bottom of page